Help me get his right!!!

I'm stuck here, working on a comic. Going backwards and forwards tearing my hair out trying to make a decision on how this should look.

So, in one of the opening pages you see that she is clearly sitting on a mans face who's head is resting on her chair, or possibly magically merged within the cushion.

As the scene progresses, I want to show it in more detail, but still get across to the reader, that the chair is there. Now usually, I’d set it to transparent, and have an outline of the chair there. But as the table is transparent glass. I don't want to confuse the reader into thinking the chair has suddenly turned into glass. 

so out of these options, which do you think is best. In terms of looks, and in terms of getting the point across.





You may have noticed the characters have changed a little. I'll comment more on that when the comics completed.


3 comments:

  1. What about a different kind of chair style have you seen Neocorona femdom works there office series with chastity may help with ideas, thoughts ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting.

    I recognize that artist, they have some amazing skills, I follow them on DeviantArt. What I'm asking here, is which image best portrays the fact that the chair is actually there. Whilst removing the chair, so we can see in greater detail, that his tongue is firmly placed in her...

    I'd like to see references to these chair styles you mention though. If you have time. Could you post links to the images you had in mind below? Or drop me a message on DeviantArt.
    I'm always open to new ideas.

    Many Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say do the outline around the chair. Alternatively, depending on how you want to layout that "page", you could have the chair set to visible, then do that thing where you show a cut-out/zoom in of something normally hidden that shows the man's head position behind the chair.

    Personally, I don't think it'll be too confusing to the reader to just use a transparent chair as in the second image, but you could even increase the opacity of the chair to make it more obvious it's not glass.

    Alternatively-alternatively, you could just have the chair be solid, and then layer a translucent "window" of the man's position in the chair. Take the image twice, one with the opaque chair, one with the translucent chair, then cut around the opaque version to overlay the "window" to see that guy.

    ReplyDelete